Sunday 15 December 2013

Beginning of filming music video.

I have started to film the several shots of my music video that involve my artist being in the woods. I chose to do this during the afternoon when it was sunny/sunset. I decided to do this so it tied in with the fact it is a love song from an Indie Pop genre as sunsets connate love. I also wanted it to be sunny so it looked more positive then it being filmed in the night as that would connote a darker genre. I chose to include various close up shots of my artist through out the video. This is because I wanted my artist to seem as if she is really involved with the camera as I think this will help the audience realise her emotions more.
Also because in Andrew Goodwin's analysis of music video he says that "the demands of the record label will include the need for lots of close ups of the artist and the artist may develop motifs which recur across their work."  So I wanted to link in with this by adding lots of close ups of my artist as she is the main selling point of her music so being shown a lot is an important element of my music video.
         



No comments:

Post a Comment