Tuesday 17 December 2013

Developed music video- adding a story line

Here are images from my music video of the boy I decided to include in order to get more of a story line. I have done this as part of my feedback from people was to include more of a story line so it makes more sense and has more meaning to it. I have presented the boy in black and white through out the whole video to emphasise that what has happened between the two is negative and dead in the past. The black and white helps show that she is upset and possibly heart broken, as they are very dull and sad colours possibly reflecting their past.






I have also presented the boy in my video as very mysterious by not showing his face at all. The shots I have included of him are always from the back of his head or I have crossed his face out in the images I used. I didn’t want his face to be shown as again it helps emphasize that her relationship with him is in the past and almost like he isn’t a part of her life anymore. 



 At one point in the video, flickers of photographs are shown of my artist and the boy together. This helps emphasise that they were in serious relationship and it highlights how happy she was with him which gives the lyrics more meaning, as she is heart broken about him. There is also a quick flash her hand ripping the photos in half, this shows how they are now separated and makes it clear that they are no longer together. Tearing the photos is done in quite a violent way as I sped the footage up so it is done really quickly. This makes it look more dramatic which suits the pace of the song as it builds up at that time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment