Wednesday 6 November 2013

Logo mock ups.

These are rough logo ideas I have created so far for my artist to go on the digipak and advertisement. I have chosen two of the three fonts from the audience feedback I got given that were most successful and incorporated a heart into them to start forming logo ideas. I decided to incorporate a heart as people said they think I should consider adding an image.
I decided to incorporate a heart because it emphasises the Indie pop genre as the songs are usually very love based also to relate to the youngish female target audience as it helps show to people the audience is females only. Also the heart obviously links in with my artists name and could possibly become a trade mark of hers.
My only concern with adding in hearts to my logo is it could become tacky or too childish for my audience due to hearts being quite cute. 

I think this first logo is too childish because the hearts are too much of centre of attention. As someone said from my pitch feedback about this logo, they think it looks slightly childish and cheesy because there are two hearts and because they are so big. I need to try and keep it looking slightly mature to relate to the whole target audience. 

To change the thought of the hearts being too big making it look tacky and childish I tried decreasing the size of it and adding it in in a more subtle way making it look more sophisticated. I want to get peoples opinion on this way of incorporating the heart and whether they think I should include it at all. Because this type of font is quite soft and subtle I added the heart in faintly so it ties in with the soft style of it. 
This font is much more bold and powerful so I decided to add the heart it a lot more bold by making it slightly bigger and darker colour. I really like this logo because I think it is both girly and mature as the font is not too feminine such as curly writing. But again I still want to get peoples opinions on these rough logo examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment